Warehouses are often associated with tall shelves, thousands of tightly packed products and using heavy machinery to transport goods to and from where they need to be. Where forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers and other pieces of material handling equipment are often the go-to machines for handling stock, cherry pickers are undoubtedly overlooked within the industry.
If your warehouse racking is exceptionally high, then a forklift or even a reach truck might not cut it when it comes to accessing stock. Cherry pickers will mitigate the need for additional attachments needed to help get the job done, including scaffolding and other pieces of equipment. Cherry pickers, in comparison, are cost-effective solutions that every warehouse owner should benefit from.
What is a cherry picker?
Cherry pickers, or booms as they’re otherwise known, are heavy machines that are used to access goods in high, often inaccessible, places. Their high levels of flexibility and mobility allows the user to get to hard-to-reach places as quickly and as efficiently as possible. You can rest assured that not only will workers become more productive, but they’ll also be safe when operating a task that needs to be done using a cherry picker.
Cherry pickers, as the name would suggest, were originally designed for reaching fruit that grew on particularly tall branches in orchards and even vineyards, but they now have a multitude of different uses and are commonplace in a number of industries, including:
- Building maintenance
- Film and television
Favoured for their strong, superior performance, excellent balance and all-round versatility, there’ll be a cherry picker available to you regardless of your budget or your requirements. You can rest assured that your employees will be safe when lifted to any height and there are also both electric and diesel models available for you to choose from.
How can a cherry picker benefit your business?
There are many ways in which the implementation of a forklift could benefit a business, including the following:
They’ll save you a lot of time
- You won’t have to spend time finding ladders and other safe climbing equipment
- Save time training employees to use manual climbing equipment
- Cherry pickers are easy to operate and so you don’t have to spend as much time training your employees
- Scaffolding won’t have to be erected, which could take quite a while to construct
- Using a cherry picker means your workers will be hands-free enabling them to multi-task where appropriate
They’re adaptable & impressively mobile
- Most high-access solutions will only allow you access to a limited space, but not if you choose a cherry picker
- Cherry pickers are easy to manoeuvre so you’ll be able to access all high-rise areas and not just a specific spaces
- Cherry pickers can adapt to their area they’re being used in including being moved into various different positions in order for tasks to be executed efficiently and quickly
It’s a cost-effective solution
- Cherry pickers are extremely versatile and so can be used for a number of different applications, saving the need for both a forklift and a reach truck
- Tasks will be completed faster and more efficiently with the use of a cherry picker in comparison to even the most top-of-the range reach trucks
- You’ll also save time and money when it comes to workplace accidents as cherry pickers are extremely safe to use
Reach as high up as you wish
- Unlike with forklifts and reach trucks, you won’t be limited as to how high up you go when it comes to cherry picker operation
- Regardless of how big your warehouse is, you’ll have flexibility to install racking as tall as you wish, knowing you’ll have little trouble accessing stock
- Depending on the model you choose, you’ll have no limitation when it comes to reach heights
Forklift Hire are on hand to provide our clients with material handling equipment that can be acquired using our reliable, transparent and flexible rental contracts. Whether you wish to hire a forklift, reach truck, cherry picker or anything in between, we’ll have a solution that’ll effortlessly meet both your budget and your requirements. For more information about how we can help you today, get in touch with a member of our friendly, knowledgeable team – we’re always happy to hear from you.